Almonte Laser Engraving
Shipping and FAQ
Credit cards and PayPal
We don't make money on shipping - our charges are based on the actual costs to ship.
In some cases, you may find that the cost of shipping approaches the cost of the item. We're sorry about that - shipping is expensive and our items aren't. You can always drop by and pick up your order in person...
Prices vary depending on the size of the item and distance travelled. Call or email us for an exact quote on shipping.
Shipments are based on the possible range of our processing times, plus the service standard for shipping. In general, the closer your order is made to the weekend (when we typically ship) and the closer you live to a major metropolitan area, the faster your shipping time will be.
The calculations are based on business days, so a single civic holiday during the shipping period could add as much as much as 3 actual days to the shipping schedule.
|Default shipping||(Expedited parcel)||7-17 days|
|Faster shipping||(Xpresspost)||7-10 days|
We do not often ship internationally, but do not hesitate to contact us in you are intersted.
Lost packages are a surprisingly rare occurence that virtually never happens. It's amazing, really.
However, the possibility exists.
In the event of a lost package, we'll make a claim. Once shippers determine that the package is indeed lost and the claim is settled, we'll ship you a replacement. If the package is very late, it usually doesn't take long for the claim to be processed.
If you wonder if your package is lost, give it some time - it may simply have been delayed somewhere in transit.
The shipper will absolutely not allow a claim to be made until the package is a least two weeks overdue. Thus, if the package is late, the best thing to do is be patient - packages are often late, but rarely lost.
Packages destined for Canada include a tracking number.
Tracking isn't moment-by-moment accurate. Really, it's better to think of tracking as "delivery confirmation" - packages may seem to be sitting indefinitely in some terminal, then -BOOM!- it's at your door.
To track a package, go to CanadaPost.ca.
Credit card processingCredit cards are processed through Paypal.
We never see your credit card number and can't charge an amount larger than you agreed to.
The price charged is in Canadian dollars.
We have great faith that once you get your purchase, you'll be thrilled.
In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with your purchase, the following conditions apply.
- Returns must be made within 30 days from the date of delivery.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- The sender is responsible for shipping charges related to returning the item. Returns that are shipped collect will not be accepted.
- Packages lost in the mail during return are your responsibility. For better safety, use insurance.
- To qualify for a full refund of the purchase price, the item must not show obvious signs of use or damage. If the item is used or not in a saleable state, we will refund 50% of the purchase price. Evaluation of the condition of the item will be at our sole discretion.
- Refunds are made in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase.
- You can expect a refund to be made within 30 business days of our receiving the return.
- You will be refunded the shipping cost if the return is a result of our error.
If there is extensive damage to an item upon delivery, please contact us immediately.
Credit cards and PayPal
Credit card security
We understand that the risk of credit card fraud is a serious concern for our customers. That's why we process purchases through PayPal, a large company that services a significant portion of global companies. We never see your credit card number.
When you are ready to provide credit card information, you are transferred to PayPal's secure server. Most browsers indicate that you are on a secure page, usually with a closed padlock icon.
Ordering without a credit card
Orders are processed through Paypal, which allows many methods of payment, including debit cards.
PayPal makes it easy to dispute a charge, if you need to.
If you have a concern about delivery of your order, please read the Shipping Times section of this page. If that doesn't help, send us an email.
Disputed charges should be a last resort, not a first. We take pride in making sure our customers are treated fairly, so you should never have to resort to a dispute.
- We will never sell, rent or share our customer data.
- We will use the information we collect only for the purposes of fulfilling your order, sending email confirmations, billing and so on.
© 2013, Almonte Laser Engraving